Thursday 28 August 2014

Roaming around Rome

The flight was only an hour which was perfect! After landing I took a train to Termini station as M&J hostel was close by. I dumped my stuff off and went out to explore.

After a 40 minute walk to Trevi fountain, I discovered it was having work done to it! Couldn't see it really through the scaffolding! Oh well! I then moved on to the Pantheon which is an amazing building. Nearby in Piazza Navona there were lots of buskers and some amazing spray paint artists who create stunning pictures so quickly. Well worth watching as they are so clever! 



Yom


Pantheon




So talented



The streets in Rome are narrow and lined with beautiful restaurants which creates such a nice atmosphere. There's lots of dodgy blokes selling fake handbags too in certain areas! When they see a cop they pick up all their stuff and leg it! I stood and watched a scuffle between a cop and a bloke who would not let go of his prized 'Gucci' handbag! The cop had to attempt to pepper spray him in the end which did the trick. Clearly it's not just women who love handbags.

The rest of my time in Rome was spent exploring the Colosseum,  Roman Forum and the Vatican/Sistine Chapel. All of the sites are amazing and full of so much history. I was so happy to visit each of them even though I waited two hours in a queue for the Vatican! 
Colosseum









Beautiful streets

Vatican




Again I am an unorganised dirtbag who has had to resort to a flight to Barcelona as I can't be bothered to plan anything! I'm staying there for a few days I think and I'm off to the Nou Camp to watch Barcelona v Lyon. So excited to see Messi and the gang! Just over a week until I go home so I'm going to make the most of these next few countries. Well as long as my credit card lets me...

S x

No comments:

Post a Comment