Friday 5 April 2013

Koh Phi Phi - Nightlife!

Usually my favourite part of anywhere I go is discovering the nightlife. I didn't have to search far as my hostel was on the beach with all the clubs and bars! As soon as the sun sets, bamboo candles are lit along the beach and the music will start. 

Candles

The start of the night

Ibiza Bar on the beach

View down the beach

Should get this as a tattoo

The atmosphere is so good and the evening tends to begin with watching one of the many fire shows. This can involve sticks, rope, ball and chain and limbo all of which are doused in lighter fluid and set alight! The Thai lads will show off all their skills which are really impressive. My favourite is a member of the audience sat in a chair with a cigarette in their mouth while a ball of fire is rotated very fast in front of their face to light the cigarette!

Boy got skillzzz

Group of them at it

These guys have just left the island to audition on the Thai version of Britain's Got Talent

After a few drinks they tend to bring the limbo stick out to show what they can do. They tend to get someone from the audience and pick them up and somehow manage to get underneath it!

Not as good as  me

Further weakening the British reputation

A girl getting carried underneath the limbo stick

Of course things get even better as the night progresses. The flaming rope is brought out to play! I had a go on my first night and did pretty well! Second time around I injured my already bad knee doing it! Nightmare! 


Snippet of my skills!



Not bad!

Later on there's so much to choose from. I tend to go to the Irish bar for a few games of pool and then head to the main party on the island which is called Slinky. This is a club on the beach! Partying in the sand and sea is pretty amazing and something you won't forget (unless you've drunk too much). The stand out feature of Slinky is a 7ft wooden pole in the sand which people climb up and try to balance on. Surprisingly I haven't seen anyone fall off yet but I'm sure it happens every night!

Irish bar

The tide is in!

The famous Slinky

Some waster being the ultimate waster

Still plenty more places to experience in the town and on the beach. Partying in Koh Phi Phi is a must and my advise is to keep hold of your sandals, some bugger will steal them! Right off to find a new place to stay for a couple of days and need to sort a phone out ASAP!

S x

No comments:

Post a Comment