Sunday 14 April 2013

Koh Phi Phi - Diving/Viewpoint


I have now made it to Koh Tao! A really cool island but sadly the weather is awful and looks like it will be for all of next week too so it's given me a chance to catch up on this blog! Before I left Koh Phi Phi I got the chance to go diving and also visit the island viewpoint. Both were amazing so I thought I'd write a bit about them.

Right let's start with the diving. I paid for a whole morning in which you got to dive twice. You spend about 45 minutes under the water each time as I think that's roughly how long the oxygen lasts (no longer or I'd  be swimming with the fish permanently). To see all the different creatures was stunning. Puffer fish, lobsters and bat fish were just a few of the animals I got to see. It was also so cool to see massive shawls of fish all grouped together. I was lucky enough to have my own instructor as no one else had booked up for the morning session. This made it so much better as she helped me out whenever I needed and it made the experience more enjoyable. It was tough getting used to breathing under water at first but after a while it was fine and I was able to relax and enjoy the sights!

Dive shop

Ready to rock

Off to find Nemo

Trying to get close to the small fish

The viewpoint over Koh Phi Phi was great and it was worth the 40 minute hike to the top. I arrived just before sunset so I watched the sun go down over the island and and it was a breathtaking view. The colours in the sky were amazing. I made sure I left just before it got completely dark as there are no lights on the walk back!




Trek to the top

Made it!

Sunset

Happy Sean

Another happy Sean

The whole island

Bye bye sun

Amazing colours

Heaven

Overall I'd say Koh Phi Phi has been my favourite place so far. It was difficult to leave there and I ended up spending 13 nights instead of 7! I'll definitely be back there again one day. Tomorrow I'll be blogging about  my time in Krabi


S x


No comments:

Post a Comment