Tuesday 2 April 2013

Koh Phi Phi island - Maya Bay trip

I'm currently staying in the most gorgeous place I've ever visited. White sands, clear water and a great atmosphere. Very grateful to be here it is amazing.

Getting off the boat

The tide is out as the sun sets. In a  few hours it will  be back in!

So what have I done so far? Well I've been partying every night with a couple of fellow Brits and a guy from Australia. We've had some great nights out but sadly I broke my phone after running into the sea to help a guy who was face down in the water! I got back to the hostel and did the trick of leaving your phone in a bowl of rice to draw out all the moisture to maybe get it working but after waking in the morning, someone had stolen it! So people contact me on Facebook for now!

Besides drinking vast amounts of alcohol and pretending I'm a cast member from Baywatch, I got to visit Maya Bay. This is where they filmed the Leonardo DiCaprio film 'The Beach'. On the way there, the tour started with a visit to Monkey island where wild monkeys roam around freely. People feed them fruit and they seemed nice at first. However one lunged for my bag after I put it down on the sand and a guy got chased by three of them and they were scratching at his ankles! Something must have agitated them so we quickly left!

The little bugger wants some food

Looking confused

The one on the left is the monkey

We then moved on to a spot where we could have a free swim and do some snorkelling! The water is clear anyway but this part was even more transparent. Getting the chance to see all the colourful fish was brilliant. Also the water was so warm, a nice change to the bollocks destroying cold British sea!


Swimming and snorkeling spot

Clear water

View of the spot

Cheeky dip in the sea!

The final stop was Maya Bay. The longtail boat had to drop us around 30 metres from some stairs that would take us to the bay. This was because there are surrounding rocks that would have wrecked the boat so we had to go barefoot through a mini cave, it hurt a lot! After climbing the steep stairs, there was a small walk to the secluded bay. It is truly breathtaking and it was such a treat to go there.


Maya bay
Loving life
'Sean Maya Bay 2013'

Full view of Maya Bay - gorgeous

The tour takes roughly six hours and costs around £10. It is so cheap and a must-see if you visit Koh-Phi-Phi. I'll be doing a different blog tomorrow about my hostels and the local town. As we speak I have decided to sober up and relax for a few days. I've moved near the pier and I'm sat in a deckchair outside my bamboo bungalow!

S x

No comments:

Post a Comment