Wednesday 27 March 2013

Tiger Kingdom/Temple/Flight of the Gibbon

The last two things I got up to in Chiang Mai involved tigers and monkeys, I'm pretty much the new Dr Dolittle.

Firstly I went on a day out to Tiger Kingdom. A few of you may have seen some of my pictures on Facebook. A friend and I went there on a moped which was a cool experience in itself but playing with the tiger cubs was so much fun! You spend about 15mins with them and they are so playful. Cats rule.

We then made our way up to the hills of Chiang Mai where we visited a temple. It had just reached dusk and candles were lit there and we even saw monks chanting! Such a relaxed atmosphere there and even though I'm not massively in to temples, it was really good.

The last activity I did was called Flight of the Gibbon. It involved flying through the jungle on zip lines! If you're afraid of heights it's not for you! We had a crazy instructor called Tim. A very authentic thai name as you would expect. He was crazy! He was singing random songs and making crazy jokes throughout. I love most weird people in life so I embraced it but the other members of the group were not so keen on him! After the zip lines he even drove me up the road on the back of his moped and got me a beer. He even showed me where he lives, maybe he fancied me? I'll never know.

Anyway after a random last minute flight back to Bangkok and a 12 hour bus journey to Phuket, I am now in the South of Thailand. Also the bus was so relaxing. I had a girl sat behind me throwing up every hour and making sounds that have scarred me for life! I'll be doing a blog on Phuket and my day out to the amazing islands either tonight or tomorrow. Right enough blabbing, here's some pictures of my adventures!

Meow

Chilling

Me and Tigger

New scarf

Playtime

Trying to run away from me :(




Stairs to the temple, knackering!

Temple candle

Temple candle 2

Monks chanting

Outside temple

Zip lines! Whoop!

King of the jungle

Amazing views

Being lowered to the jungle floor

Very proud I spotted the camera man!

'Tim' causing mayhem









1 comment:

  1. So glad you had fun with us at Flight of the Gibbon! Great pics too! Come back anytime :)

    ReplyDelete