Wednesday 20 March 2013

Julie Guesthouse - Chiang Mai

Staying at Julie Guesthouse has been brilliant. Such a chilled out atmosphere with lots of backpackers. This afternoon I just chilled in a hammock and read my kindle!

They don't even ask you to pay for anything up front. They basically set up a tab and you pay for everything when you leave. You literally just help yourself to beers from the fridge and write down what you've had. I have been on a milkshake binge here as the food is great!

I'm staying in a 200 baht a night room which is roughly £4.50. Double bed, fan and private bathroom with hot shower. Such a bargain and if anyone is thinking of travelling to Thailand, this is a great place to stay.

Today I cycled around the city and it was great to see more things going on. I've also just got back from a Thai massage just around the corner from where I'm staying. They stretch you about, lie on your back and treat you like a rag doll! However it is mixed with a normal style massage so you do come away feeling relaxed and it's only £3 for a whole hour! Chiang Mai has been brilliant!

S x















No comments:

Post a Comment