Tuesday 19 March 2013

Adventure activity day!

I had a great day out on Friday which involved elephant riding, a jungle trek, swimming in a waterfall, white-water rafting and also bamboo rafting!

For all of that it cost only 1000 baht which is just over £20, an absolute bargain. It is only an hour drive outside of Chiang Mai and the scenery is breathtaking. Riding on the elephant was a once in a lifetime experience and I'm so happy I went and did it. The elephants eat around 200kg of food a day (nearly as much as I eat) and they love bananas and sugar cane. I bought a bag full before I started the ride and it didn't take long for the elephant to eat it all! I even got the chance to sit on its neck and ride the elephant properly which was daunting at first but absolutely fine! 

Overall a great day and the best thing I've ever done. If you go to Chiang Mai, don't miss out on this experience!

S x


Stunning scenery

Me and my new friend

Feeding the elephant

Trying to get more food from me!

Hello trunk

Camera shy elephant

Still wanting more food!

Transport across the river

River crossing

Pat-thai lunch

Hike to the waterfall

Waterfall

Before going for a paddle!

Waterfall

Gorgeous view while on the elephant!

Tribe hut

No comments:

Post a Comment