Tuesday 28 May 2013

Looking back at Vietnam

So I've been back in England for just over a week now. Time has gone so quick! Really nice being back but at the same time I miss South East Asia so much. I didn't get a chance to write about my time in Vietnam so thought I'd do a quick overview with plenty of pics.

I went to 3 places over there: Ho Chi Minh, Nha Trang and Hanoi. Nha Trang is on the coast with good beaches and the other two are great cities. Vietnam is such a gorgeous country and there's always something interesting happening wherever you go.

The only negative part of my time there which is funny to look back on is a 29 hour train journey from Nha Trang to Hanoi. How to describe it? Imagine a cramped cabin with hard beds, poor air conditioning, no one who speaks English, impossible to order food, screaming babies and some friendly cockroaches in your bed.....heaven.

The highlight of my time there was visiting Ha Long Bay. Thousands of stunning limestone cliffs in the water with amazing caves to discover. It really is amazing and sitting on the top of the boat looking at the scenery is very special.

South East Asia is truly an unforgettable experience and a must for anyone who is keen for adventure and to explore the world. One day in the future I'll be going back there and I'm already looking forward to it

S x

Early morning Ho Chi Minh

On your marks...

Up to no good as usual

Causing mayhem

I love street food

Sleeper bus

Walk to the beach

Gorgeous beach in Nha Trang

Best meal I had. Duck and deep fried prawns, yom

Off to do some snorkeling

On the way to have lunch

Choosing your lunch! 

Someone's home

Fishing - attempting and failing

Time to cool off

Private resort

Enjoying the sun

Little piece of paradise

Just by the lake in Hanoi

Lake

Typical street with lots of cool restaurants

Ha Long Bay!

Walk through the cave

Over 2500 limestone cliffs in Ha Long Bay

Loving life

Rowing boat around the bay

Such a great experience

That stone building on a boat is actually a school!

Amazing

Journey back

Great day

No comments:

Post a Comment