Thursday 4 September 2014

Exploring the streets of Paris

So I missed my train to Bruges this morning....I went out last night and slept through my alarm! I managed to book another train though so all is well! However I am now sat next to a crazy French bloke who insists on trying to talk to me even though I don't understand a word! He's now sat out in the corridor charging his phone and singing very loudly. Why do I attract the down and outs of society? 

So I spent two nights in Paris and I wish it had been for longer. My first day was spent exploring the sites such as the Eiffel Tower and Notre Dame as well as visiting the Latin Quarter for a nice meal. I also walked along the Seine and saw a couple of the famous bridges with lots of padlocks left by couples. Such a relaxed atmosphere in Paris it really is such a nice place to visit. The evening was spent at a house party hosted by a couple of French guys I met in Barcelona. It was a really good night! Hello François and Faycal if you're reading! 
Some famous French thing




Angry French bloke telling me not to take pictures. The swine.


Notre Dame

On the second day I decided to visit the Arc de Triomphe and I also had a stroll down the Champs Elysées. Another nice meal in the Latin Quarter was followed by a trip to Montmartre where there were lots of quaint restaurants and cool artists. In the evening I met up with the French guys and a chap from my hostel to have some drinks and a night out! 


Yom

Arc de Triomphe

Montmartre

Hard to remember why I'm eating a rose

Fag in one hand, paintbrush in the other. Skills

I've enjoyed Paris so much and I'm looking forward to Bruges which is meant to be beautiful. I just need to get this journey out of the way and hopefully not get harassed by the weird guy on this train! 

S x

No comments:

Post a Comment